07 November 2009

#32 : Black Forest Gateaux


I always dream of making the BEST Black Forest Cake ever but I've never baked any yet.. until this morning. It's not the best but it's quite a breakthrough for me : it's MY FIRST BLACK FOREST! And it's layered! Woo hoo!
Why do I have such a special feeling towards Black Forest Cake? It's simple : when I was still a young little fatso, my cousin who loves baking so much, made this UNFORGETTABLE Black Forest Cake. The taste was so amazing that it left me this feeling of fondness of Black Forest (and a lil bit of obsession).

I've been a pretty much self-taught baker until this morning. I took a baking class! Yeay! It was quite intimidating since all the other students there were professionals. Yet it was exciting! Even though I had to be the slowest poke in the class. Oh well who cares I just baked my first Black Forest! :D



One of the best part of this Black Forest making is the decorating! I was blown away when I witnessed the chef did the chocolate thingy on the cake. It was so looking good and everyone was WOW-ed. Mine was so ugly (but who cares? It's my first Black Forest Cake!). The chocolate was cracking everywhere and I think it was due to the temperature of the chocolate.

I am so happy with this Black Forest cake and it's the only cake that I can say "I'm proud to bake it". I am going to keep baking Black Forest Cake until I find "The One".

Recipe? Msg me!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com