27 February 2010

My Sister Also Bakes

My sister came home one day from her school with these gorgeous cakes (She is studying patisserie). These cakes for some reason inspired me to start baking again. Yes, I'd been taking a break from baking due to the hot weather and I have no air conditioner at home. It would be crazy to bake in these heat of the summer. Since the weather is a bit cooler now, I'm back! Anyway, here are my sister's cakes :

1. Chocolate Mudcake
Not a fan of this cake. It was okay but I didn't really like it




2. Strawberry Cake
It is the best cake anyone I know has ever baked! The texture was soft and light. I had been looking for some light cake recipe and now I have it!




3. Carrot Cupcakes
Ta-da! I'm saving the best for last. I LOVE these carrot cupcakes. I really do. I fell in love with this cupcakes at first sight. I fell in love with the decoration. I've always wanted to be able to work with marzipan/fondant and I'd been clueless about it. Well now I have my sister who can teach me how :D
What I love about these carrot cupcakes is that they were moist and the taste of the cinnamon is just so good. There were also pieces of walnuts and shredded carrots. God I just loved it! I will be making these very soon!



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com