15 July 2011

#52: Durian Small Cakes



Durian is now in season and I knew I had to make something out of it.  I was thinking about making durian muffin but then I came across the recipe and decided to try it. Bought some durian from Hypermart, the durian wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Wasn't that sweet and the aroma wasn't strong enough. The recipe calls for 300g of durian flesh, I put almost 500g of it. I accidentally overwhipped the cream while I was checking out my blackberry. I should refrain from doing it the next time I bake. But it didn't really matter I guessed, so I kept going and fold it to the mixture. The custard was too runny so it was a bit hard to assemble the cakes - but it will set after keeping them in the fridge for hours. I was happy with the result but friends told me that it's lacking the durian taste and a bit too creamy (I guess it  was because I overwhipped the cream). Well to me it was good but not great - but it's worth another try I guess. I'm going to look for a great real durian - I'm a noob in choosing great durian.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com