12 March 2010

#36 : Fluffy Sheep Cookies


I tried to make fluffy sheep cookies. But my friends told me that they looked more like turtles. My sister even said that they looked like dinosaurs. The first batch that I baked looked much more like dinosaurs, I admit that. They were so weird that I ate them all. Second batch I baked was pretty good. Well I was pretty happy with the result though, even though they tasted just average. Not bad but not so good either.


Ingredients :
- 9 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 9 3/4 oz caster sugar
- 1 lb plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- food coloring
- writing icing (I used my color gel)

Method:
1. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy
2. Gradually add the eggs and beat to combine, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to form a dough.
3. Wrap the dough in clingfirm and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 160C. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
5. Divide the dough into half and knead in different food colorings.
6. Shape the dough into sheep shapes. Different colorings for the head and the feet. Use the writing icing to make the eyes.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com