04 April 2010

#38 : Bees Cupcakes



One thing I hate about gumpaste/fondant is coloring them dark. I used the gel coloring and if I put too much of them on the gumpaste/fondant, it will change the texture - it will get so sticky and hard to be kneaded. I did my research and it turned out that we would have to store them overnight as the colored fondant will get darkened overtime. I didn't have the patient to wait so I just used them right away. I was pretty happy with the result of the bees even though I know they weren't perfect - you can see some cracks in the gumpaste. I regret using white fondant to cover the cupcakes. I should have used yellow instead. Anyway for the cupcakes I used the same old recipe Iced Fairy Cupcakes. The taste of the gumpaste is just so bad. I wouldn't recommend anyone to eat it. I bought the ready to roll gumpaste from the store.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com