09 April 2010

#41 : Leftovers Chocolate Cookies Cake




I know the name is lousy. I'm not good at naming things. This cake (if you wanna call it a cake or not - that's fine since I myself didn't know if it's a cake or not) was made on impulse with all the ingredients on hand and there was no recipe for this. It was really easy to make.
There were some cookies leftover from the Mudcake Cookies Sandwiches that I made the day before. At first I thought maybe I was just gonna put some chocolate ganache but then all of a sudden I remembered about a dessert that Daniel made last year. It looked like a cake, well maybe it was but I wasn't sure. It was made with cookies - assembled & covered with whipped cream. So I tried it. I had all the ingredients on hand. There were some leftover thickened cream in the fridge too so I was happy to be able to use up everything. I didn't know the exact measurement of the ingredients that I used for this one. I whipped the cream and put some icing sugar and vanilla essence. Then I assembled the cookies into a log. I tried hard to make the cover smooth but it was hard. I did my best though. I decorated the cake with chocolate compound - inspired by the coffee swiss roll made by my sister at school.
The taste of the cake was good. I liked it. But it was still a bit hard - maybe because I put some ganache between the cookies (there was some ganache leftover too). Ganache will harden if put in the fridge. Maybe it was hardened before the cream could soak the cookies. But when I put the cake out of the fridge and left it for several hours, it became softer. Well I was really happy with the result :) :) and the fact that I didn't let anything go to waste :D

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com