04 October 2009

#18 : Blueberry Cream Muffins


One and a half box of sour cream was going to expire soon. Such a waste to throw them away so I looked for some recipes. I googled "sour cream recipe" and most of the results were blueberry muffins. So I baked them. Recipe was from AllRecipes.com and has great reviews. The thing is that I only had 360g sour cream, 100gr short from the recipe so I reduced the amount of the flour to 400g. I didn't weigh the blueberries too, I just used a box of blueberries from Woolworths.

The muffins taste good. Not too sweet and not sour. Just right. This recipe is definitely a keeper :)


Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 400g white sugar
- 235 vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500g plain flour (I used 420g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 460g sour cream (I used 360g)
- 290 blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffins liners.
2. Beat eggs, gradually add egg sugar while beating. Continue beating while pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla.
3. Sift all dry ingredients and add them into the egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com