30 October 2009

#28 : Chocolate Cream Muffins


Too bitter and chocolate-y. I am a big fan of dark chocolate with its bittersweet taste but I think these muffins were a bit too bitter. But my sister said they tasted great so I don't know.

Ingredients:
- 225g plain flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g soft light brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 150 white chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil or 85g butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line 12-hole muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and white chocolate chips.
3. Place the egg in a bowl and beat lightly, then beat in cream and oil.
4. Pour the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients - stir gently until just combined - do not overmix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until well risen.
7. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com