09 October 2009

#21 : Corn Fritters (Bakwan Jagung)



I made them upon my sister's request. She's been having this craving for these Indonesian corn fritters. They're simple to make, not as complicated as what I thought they would be. I got the recipe from My Online Recipe but I didn't exactly follow the measurement :



Ingredients :
- 2 sweet corn kernels (I used 2 cans of sweet corns)
- 1 green onion (I used 2 or 3)
- 1 minced garlic (I used 2 or 3 tsp of ready-minced garlic)
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp flour
- 50 cc water (I omitted this)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- some pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda

Ingredients:
1. Mash the corn kernels until it is half-mashed.
2. Mix corn kernels, garlic, egg, green onions until well-mixed. Add in the flour, salt, sugar, pepper.
3. Right before frying, add the baking soda and mix well.
4. Spoon a teaspoon and fry in hot oil until it's golden.

My sister seems to love them very much but for me they're just regular corn fritters.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com