25 September 2009

#13 : Profiteroles (Kue Soes)


I got the idea to make one of these profiteroles when a friend of mine, who is into baking too, told me that they're easy to make. So I found a recipe from Dekap. First I thought making profiteroles would be kind of complicated but it wasn't :D. Since I was still on my detox program, I couldn't taste them. I had some friends tasting it and they're great, except that the fillings were a bit too thick and hard - I'll reduce the amount of the cornflour.

Ingredients

Pastry :
130g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g margarine
4 eggs
225ml water

Fillings:
500ml milk
40g cornflour
35g custard powder
100g sugar
3 egg yolks
vanilla essence
rum essence

Method:
Pastry
1. Combine water, salt and margarine on a pot - bring to boil.
2. Combine plain flour until cooked and thickened.
3. Let cool the dough.
4. Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
5. Put eggs one by one into the dough until well combined.
6. Using the piping bag, shape the dough into the baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.

Fillings:
1. Mix all ingredients except rum essence.
2. Cook them on a stove until it gets thickened and cool them.
3. Put some rum essence and mix them until it well combined.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com