19 September 2009

#9 : Yorkshire Pudding



I had a liter of milk going to expire very soon so I looked for some recipe to use them up. I found this Yorkshire Pudding which is so easy to make. Well it is actually a traditional pudding from England, usually served with roast beef and gravy. But I read in some blogs that some people sometimes make it sweet by adding some sugar and omitting the salt. I decided to make one of these. One mistake that I made is that I used some muffin liners. It made the pudding sticked to the liners and when I tried to pull it the pudding got torn apart. By the time the pudding puffed, it smelled so good. It was quite a happy feeling to watch the batter getting puffed and golden in the oven :D :D .My sister had three of them and me too. I ate them with some yoghurt and raspberry jam. They had to be served immediately otherwise it won't taste good and they cannot be reheated.



Ingredients:
3 eggs
225 milk
125 g plain flour
30g butter

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Beat eggs with milk, stir in flour. Set aside.
3. Divide butter evenly to the 12 muffin cups. Place the pan into the oven to melt the butter for about 2 or 5 minutes. Remove pan from the oven then distribute the batter evenly to each cup.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 175 degrees C and bake for 25 minutes more or until puffed and golden.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com