17 September 2009

#8 : Roll Out Cookies - Green Day :P


I bought a set of cookie cutters in IKEA last week and I wanted to use them sooo bad. Then I went to this cake supply stores and I saw these two cute Cookie Man cutters. I bought them too : a man and a woman (Cookie Woman??!). I also bought the decorating pen too! It's so exciting! :D So I decided to look for a simple recipe. Most recipes for roll-out cookies are quite troublesome as the batch needs to be chilled in the fridge before stamping out with cookie cutters. I read in Happy Home Baking that it was quite tacky to rollout the dough as well as to cut it. So I came across this good recipe from Rezipezaar which is soooo easy - no chilling time required and it has great reviews too! Well the recipe is all in U.S (cups!). I hate it cause that means I have to convert it to metric. It's not as easy as I thought it would be because different flour has different weights in grams. So I did a little bit of research. But it worth the efforts! The cookies smell and taste buttery which is good. My sister said the cookies need more sugar but I don't think so.


I felt the happiest when I decorated these cookies :D


Now I can literally lick Billie Joe AHAHAHA :D even though it's just a cookie :|


and him! I forgot to make a cookie of myself ...



Using the IKEA cookie cutters


It's Meme (my sis) - not Me


Friends


Lacking of creativity



Roll Out Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup (227g) butter
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 3/4 cups (344g) flour

Method:
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in egg & vanilla into the batter.
4. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Add the mix flour into the batter of butter, one cup at a time. Mix after each addition.
6. The last 3/4 cup will have to be mixed by hand since it would stiffen.
7. Do not chill dough.
8. Divide into 2 balls.
9. Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness (3 mm).
10. Use cookie cutter.
11. Bake for 6-10 mins.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com