29 September 2009

#15 : Baked Chocolate Cheesecakes




I bought this Take 5 magazine like a year ago. Or two? Well I am not sure. At that time I had no time to do baking but everytime I saw a cookbook or magazine I bought them. And today I baked chocolate cheesecakes from the magazine. I couldn't taste it as I was still on my detox program. *sigh*. Instead of using the light sour cream, I used normal sour cream because that's what I had. I guess it tasted more sour than what it was supposed to be... and more fattening.. O_o I have to wait for my sister to come home so she can tell me how it tastes.
I've found that it needed more baking time in the oven. It took approximately 40 minutes in the oven.



Ingredients:

Base :
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (32g)
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Fillings :
- 125g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (32g)
- 1 egg

Chocolate icing :
- 90g dark chocolate, chopped
- 30g butter
- hazelnuts

Method :

Base :
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Grease 2x12 hole mini muffin pans.
3. Combine flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, butter and vanilla.
4. Press heaped teaspoons of mixture into each muffin hole.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until golden.

Fillings :
1. Beat cream cheese, sour cream, juice and 1/4 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg. Spoon mixture over hot bases in muffin pans.
2. Bake at 160C for 10-12 minutes until filling is puffed and set.
3. Remove from oven and stand cakes in pan for 3 minutes.
4. Using tip of a knife, loosen cheesecakes, remove from pan and cool.

Chocolate icing :
1. Melt chocolate and butter together, allow to cool slightly.
2. Spoon a dollop of warm chocolate over cheesecakes.
3. Top with hazelnuts if desired.



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com