16 September 2009

#7 : Egg Toasts / Egg in A Basket

Again, Happy Home Baking made me want to make one of this. I toasted two in the oven and another one fried on pan, cause I got two versions of making it so I thought I wanted to give them a try.

Slice a thick toast (I bought one whole sandwich loaf from Brumby's - not sliced). Butter the four sides to avoid them got burnt. Make a square cut in the middle but don't cut through. I used the cheese slice as a measurement. Using the back of a spoon, press it down a little. Put the cheese slice and egg on top of it. Bake in an oven for 15 minutes (depending on your oven though and how cooked your egg you want it to be), 180 degrees C. Use baking paper or grease your pan first, otherwise the bottom can get sticked to the pan.
Once it is done, put some parsley flake and paper on the toast.


First toast : I messed the egg. I wanted to make the good round shape eyed and I was nervous so I opened the egg in a bowl then transferred it to the toast but this is what I got.


Egg and cheesy






Second try : GOOD! Just exactly what I wanted it to be
I love the how the egg yolk turned out to be :D


What's inside the toast

I found out that there is a similar egg/toast recipe. It's called "Egg in A Basket". So I googled it up. It's pretty much the same, except that the egg in a basket doesn't use any cheese and it is fried on pan. I tried both of them and my sister loved them both so much. She prefers the Egg in A Basket though because it is buttery while the ones with cheese is too cheesy. (Of course because the egg in a basket is much more fatty - I used butter to fry it!). Here's how I pretty much went through the "Egg in A Basket" :





Egg in A Basket : the bread is cut through to make a hole for the egg, well you can make any shape : heart or star or whatever you want.



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com