04 September 2009

#3 : Banana & Chocolate Muffins






You can never go wrong with banana and chocolate. They make a really good combination indeed. Last night I made these muffins and they turned out really good. Well I am not worshiping myself here but the recipe is really really good! Thanks again to Happy Home Baking for inspiring me. This recipe is definitely gonna be a keeper!

I am not really a fan of muffin because I find it sometimes too dry that can make me feel like choking up without water, so I decided to make them in mini sizes. But only to regret it later. Mini muffins do not make a good picture, especially with those colorful muffin liners. My sister told me that I should have made them in regular sizes since she kept eating the mini ones and felt she ate a lot and fat. Well that's one of the reasons why I made them in small sizes, to make her feel like she ate a lot so she is more aware of the calories intake.
I couldn't find any cute muffin liners anywhere in Melbourne, so I bought some yesterday from eBay, which could take another 2 or 3 weeks since they are shipped from Hongkong.

Banana & Chocolate Muffins:

Ingredients:
(makes 24 mini muffins)
- 275g plain flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas (around 450g)
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 50ml milk
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 50g chocolate chips (but I put much more than that since I love chocolate)

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line muffin pans with muffin paper.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Put together the chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. Peel and mash the bananas with fork in a bowl. Add in brown sugar, egg, milk and melted butter. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula, gently fold all the ingredients to form a wet batter. Stir gently using a few strokes and mix and the flour are mixed into the batter. DO NOT over mix. The batter should be lumpy.
5. Spoon batter into muffin paper. Bake for 20 minutes until muffin turn golden brown.
6. Let cool on a wire rack.

These muffins are better to be served warm. I am going to microwave them before serving.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com