08 September 2009

#4 : The Crepes


The recipe is really easy. What I worried about was the "frying" part since I don't have the pan just like those proper crepes frying pan. I mean the round pan which is flat all the way to the edge. And also the thing to spread the batter in circle direction. I only have spatula and wooden spoon :(

Anyway, the crepes turned out good even though they were more like pancakes (I think). And they smelled like egg. Maybe we need to put more vanilla essence or reduce the amount of egg. When we first "fried" the batter, we thought it became more like tortilla, or wrap. Not crepes. Too thick. Then we reduced the amount of batter. Pakne was doing it so well. Much better than I did. I tried to make it as thin as it could be but it was a total disaster. I gave up and Pakne was in charge of all the "frying" part while I was happily spreading nuttela, ice cream, raspberry jam, banana slices, whatever sweet onto the thick crepes. When we tried our first crepe, it taste like "WOW! We're not bad in making crepes", except that it was too THICK. Then we just ate from one plate together : crepes, nuttela, ice cream, jams, cheese slices. Altogether in one plate. It was GOOD although it looked gross. Really messy. But we didn't care.

Half an hour later I thought I was stuffed. Then Pakne got the idea to make one savory crepe. So I put all what I got on the table : ham, spread cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, cucumber. We made one savory crepes and it was good! Except that the crepe was too THICK. I know I said it too many times but it was too THICK! Five minutes after I stuffed my mouth with the savory crepe, I was sure I was STUFFED.







Recipe is from YouTube


Basic recipe :
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of water
- 1 cup (225g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon (28g) of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (eliminate this if you are making savory crepes)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method:
Mix them all using a whisk until it is liquified. Spray pan with cooking spray (I used olive oil spray). Pour the batter on to the pan, allow it to cook for about 2 minutes. Check for the bottom with spatula and when it is golden brown, turn it over. Done.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com